QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Monday 25 June 2012

A Journey to My First Marathon Part 8

During my course of the training of my first marathon, there are more issues that arises than I thought initially. My simple thinking will be just buy a pair of running shoes and just go out and run. Who cares about the rest. After running my half marathon last year, the agony was just too much. This simple thinking will not probably work if you wanted to finish a marathon or finishing strong.

How do I survive those treadmill running at first? I watch television attached to the treadmills. I used to enjoy that when I was doing my half marathon. That was when I was running at a much slower speed of mostly less than 7.5 mins/km. But when your pace starts to pick up. I realise that it is difficult to run at a faster pace and watching television. Music was always my companion even before watching television. Music and podcasts become my only companion.

So I have to find running music that will be more suited for running which will be faster pace rather than ballads.  Finally, I settle for dance or rock music. And I have to start experimenting with headphones and MP3 players. Eventually I found my best companion. A 2GB IPod shuffle and an Adidas Sennheiser headphones.


The Adidas Sennheiser headphones has two sections but unfortunately I lost another section after my run. The other section has a volume control.  It is comfortable and hold in place most of the time. The wings like earbuds will prevent the earbud from falling off. The IPod shuffle is 2GB but it is small and convenient which I normally clip to my running shorts. It has voice-over which means it can talk to you. By pressing a button it can tell what is the name of the song, the playlists that I am playing and also the battery level. Pretty convenient !

I also downloaded another podcasts of fast music which is great for running. Some of the listeners have run marathons listening to his podcast.


When you start to run longer and longer distances, my next problem will be the running route. I would not want to keep running the same route. Boredom will sets in......

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment