QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Monday 14 January 2013

A Run in KLCC Park

Panorama view of KLCC.

Have been staying around KLCC countless times during my trip to Kuala Lumpur. But have never really walk or run around the park. The only walk is usually when I have seminars in KL Convention Centre and then walking to Suria KLCC to shop or dine. That's when the seminar get really boring and you wanted to skip one or two of the sessions. Previously, I will be spending time at the fitness centres at the hotel. However, after training for my marathon, I have learned to enjoy those outdoor runs. Since I am only staying at a hotel near the KLCC due to the convenient of shopping, so a run in the park will be the most appropriate choice.

The jogging and walking track around the KLCC park is 1.3km and with some elevation. Personally, I feel a 1.3km is too short for long distance runners. And the elevation of the park is tougher than I expected. The greenery, high rise buildings, the lakes, sound of birds singing and the cleanness are the main attraction of the park. I actually went for a run on Saturday and Sunday but Sunday is a bit too crowded and they are mostly walkers than runners. The jogging track is made of synthetic rubber so it gives you a soft feel when you land the foot on the track. It helps to prevent injury. There is marking on the track for every 100 m.

Runners hard at work at the KLCC Park

The other advantage of the park is water stations. You can carry your own water bottle and fill it with water from the water stations. The surprising part when I was running in the park I saw a few runners wear the Penang Bridge Marathon's vest. The Penang Bridge Marathon must be a really popular event and I didn't see any runners wearing the KL Marathon's vest which is strange.


But I would say it is a nice place to run in the morning and probably in the evening. Nice and clean environment with birds chirping. Took me 50:35 mins to run 7.5km and with the elevation of the park, not a bad pace on a Saturday. Did a shorter run of 4.73km for 32:45 mins on Sunday. Enough time to break into the sweat but not long enough to release the endorphins. Addicted to the runner's high ! But have to go back to the hotel so as not to miss my buffet breakfast at the hotel. Hope the run will be enough to burn all the calories that I will be gobbling into my stomach. Not an exciting run but nice enough for a short workout.  Will run in the KLCC park again when I am staying around that area in KL the next time. Running under the Petronas Twin Towers is still a refreshing change from my usual running route.



The Petronas Twin Towers and the Maxis Building. The Twin Towers used to be the tallest building in the world






Views from around the KLCC Park


Runner's group at the KLCC park where one of them is coaching the others





3 comments:

  1. i love to run here too. but couldn't find a decent place to store my bags. too bad they have failed to introduce any locker service though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I store my belonging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I store my belonging?

    ReplyDelete