QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Friday 7 September 2012

A Journey to My First Marathon Part 12


This is the latest set of earbuds that I have purchased when I was in Singapore. It is called "Yurbuds". I was trying to find it in Malaysia including KL after it was highly recommended by Angie in the Marathon Training Academy (MTA) podcasts. Unfortunately could not find it in Malaysia. However, manage to find it in the Apple stores in Singapore which cost SGD99. There is another cheaper version that is about SGD55. The great thing about these earbuds are it never fell out when you exercise. These are actually better than the Adidas Sennheiser earbuds which I have earlier which still fall off at times.

I have taken it for runs quite a number of times and it always stay in my ear. To runners it is irritating if your earbuds keep falling off. So highly recommended if you are looking for earbuds that are suited for exercise.

However, does everyone needs to run with music? Of course not. Lately, I have not been listening to music when I am doing my outdoor runs. Suddenly, I feel the need to listen to my body and the surrounding when I run. Especially the place that I am running you just want to listen to the birds chirping away and sound of the insects. In short, you want to be in sync with mother nature and my physical self. But at times, I wonder if I could get through those really long runs and very early mornings run when it is all dark and you are like a crazy guy pounding on the road. So I end up listening to Angie and Trevor from MTA podcasts which provides me the company and motivation during those runs.

Currently, I have been cutting down on my treadmill running only for tempo runs and hill runs which it is still easier to train on a treadmill and this is when music plays an important role in chasing away the boredom of treadmill running.  I have really taken to outdoor running. The crisp morning air especially after the rain and silent moment with yourself and mother nature is very meditative. It is like you have gone into meditative state of mind. The runner's high that you experience is very addictive. In addition, when you are going into the relaxed state of mind, you will always find solutions to the problems that you may be having.


"I believe in the runner's high, and I believe that those who are passionate about running are the ones who experience it to the fullest degree possible. To me, the runner's high is a sensational reaction to a great run! It's an exhilarating feeling of satisfaction and achievement. It's like being on top of the world, and truthfully... there's nothing else quite like it! " ~ Sasha Azevedo




The Essence of Running  (from Unknown)
Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance ...
you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or ...
coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet.
But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, 
at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…







The Marathon Journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment