QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Monday 23 September 2013

A Run at The Bund, Shanghai

View from The Bund, Shanghai when I did my morning run.

The trip to Shanghai and Hangzhou was planned more than 10 months ago. And I have also promised myself no races for September. As I have been running non-stop from January until end of August. Training for one race to another. But when we planned for the trip Air Asia only offered flights from KL to Hangzhou and not to Shanghai. After we have booked the flights a few months later then they have flights to Shanghai.

Anyway, we have to travel by flight from Penang to KL and then from KL to Hangzhou. We decided to try out the new high speed train from Hangzhou to Shanghai. The problem is that it is a big group of us. 21 people to be exact. After arriving at Hangzhou airport, we have to take a bus to the railway station and take the high speed train to Shanghai. And then the subway to nearest subway station and walk to the hotel near to Nanjing Road. One of the guy who join us for the trip the first time, he commented our trip is like The Amazing Race. Well, that's the best way to get to know the place better.

I woke up at 5:30am the next day to go for my run at The Bund (外滩), Shanghai which is very near to the hotel. I have planned for 60 mins to 70 mins run without any hydration. Bring my handphone along for taking pictures and emergency. The Bund (外滩) is a waterfront area in central Shanghai. The area centres on a section of Zhongshan Road within the former Shanghai International Settlement, which runs along the western bank of the Huangpu River, facing Pudong, in the eastern part of Huangpu District. The Bund usually refers to the buildings and wharves on this section of the road, as well as some adjacent areas. The Bund is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Shanghai and is a must visit place for day and night.

Photo taken by Teik Sun. The background of the photo with the historical buildings is just awesome. 


View from The Bund, Shanghai at night




Runners at The Bund, Shanghai

This is a morning run where I get to run in one of the famous places in the world. And you just don't care about the distance you covered or the pace you are running. You just want to soaked into the magnificent views of the places that you will be running. Just ensuring myself that I can have energy to run back to the hotel. I am just thankful that I get to run in a famous place like this.


Another landmark, Nanjing Road in Shanghai which I have to run through from the hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment