QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Thursday 6 June 2013

Brooks Pure Drift

Brooks Pure Drift.

Currently, this is my favorite shoe for racing and long runs. It has a huge toe-box which is great for my wider feet. In addition, it is extremely light and you can actually take off the insole if you want to have a barefoot feel. I prefer leaving the insole inside which only has a 4 mm drop. This is one of the minimalist shoe by Brooks. I used to run in a pair Brooks Pure Connect but I got injured when I go on my long runs. I have ran a full and a half marathon in this pair of shoes. I anticipate I will run another half and full marathon in this pair of shoes in the coming months.


View of the shoes from different angle

It has also a soft landing due to the materials of the sole. I would stick to this pair of shoes for quite a while. We will be buying a similar pair when this pair wear off and hopefully I can get a different colour from the one that I am wearing. A friend suggested that I buy two pairs of different colours so that I can wear a different colour for each feet. A suggesting worth considering. The main disadvantage of this shoes is that the life span of the shoes will be shorter due to the materials used. In addition, the traction of the shoes is not that good if you intend to use it for trail. It is basically a pair of shoes that is suited for road running.

No comments:

Post a Comment