QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Monday 8 April 2013

Dreadmill Running

Treadmill Running

Currently, I have find it getting more and more difficult to run on a treadmill. My longest run is a 5 km. And even that I find it a "dread". After doing outdoor running for slightly more than a year, I finally realised it is great to run outdoor. The weather, the runners, the wind, the birds singing, the sun, the rain, the greenery, the flowers, etc really makes me come alive. I have problem running 5km even with music blaring in my ears. The outdoor running start to feel like a therapy and the treadmill running becomes "dreadmill running". I am still using the treadmill for speed training so that I can hold that pace consistently for a long period. And of course, for hill training, using the incline. I do that once a week and that is the maximum number of times I can stand it. I used to be able run a half marathon distance, i.e. 21km on  a treadmill for 2.5 hours. After that, the treadmill just breakdown.

I started off treadmill running by watching TV and you really go at a snail pace when you are watching TV. Once you pick up speed, it is quite difficult to concentrate on the TV. Then I have to rely on my music to get me through the treadmill session. But, running is for the great outdoor whether in the sun or in the rain. Regardless of the weather, just run !


No comments:

Post a Comment