QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Monday 25 March 2013

Sweat is fats crying !

My fats crying route on weekdays.

Although I have been exercising for so many years I was more into swimming or weight training. I have not been into running for many years. When I first started running back 3 years ago, I always thought that I don't sweat so easily. Because most of the exercise I do, I don't really sweat a lot. Even when I go hiking, I don't sweat that much. Until I started running especially when I ran at a faster speed or running on a incline or on a slope. My whole body is completely wet. I realise this when I started to run on an incline or at a faster speed on a treadmill. After running for about an hour, my body is complete wet including my underwear as if I have just come out of a shower. I usually take of my shirt quickly if I am at a gym because it is air-conditioned and I wouldn't want to fall sick if my wet clothes on.

Crying my fats on weekday mornings
Human can do endurance running where we can run many miles for extended period of time is because we sweat. We sweat to reduce body heat. In persistence hunting which started more than 2 million years ago in which hunters use a combination of running and chasing after a prey to the point of exhaustion. While we humans sweat to reduce body heat, the prey would need to slow from a gallop in order to pant. Endurance running is only seen in humans, and this method of hunting is one of the earliest forms of human hunting. This is also highlighted in the book "Born To Run" by Christopher McDougall.

Sweating also helps to remove toxins from our body leaving and up to 30% of body waste is removed through sweat. Of course, a lot of people has successful burn their fats and reducing their body weight through running and watching their diet at the same time.  This documentary "From Fat to Finish Line", document the journey of 12 people who share the common bond of losing 100 pounds on average and will now embark on one of the biggest challenges of their lives: The 200 mile mega distance Ragnar Relay Race. One of the person in this documentary is Ada Wong, runner-up on Season 10 of The Biggest Loser. Ada shared her life-long struggle with her all-time high weight of 259 lbs in The Biggest Loser. She still continues to run marathons and is the fastest woman finisher in The Biggest Loser's marathon challenge. She has also been doing triathlons.


No comments:

Post a Comment