QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Thursday 11 October 2012

When 10 is not enough. Another 10 Kick Butt Songs !!

ANOTHER 10 KICK BUTT SONGS


Surprisingly, getting a lot of page views for this post "My 10 Kick Butt Songs". Thanks to those that have been viewed the post and looking for kick butt songs for running or exercise. Obviously, I have a long list of songs. I have only choosen 10 from the very long list. It was actually difficult to narrow down the list to 10. So to those that are hungry for another 10 song, here it comes.


[Hands Up] David Guetta ft. Sia - Titanium Ryan Ceriouz Hands up Mix


Let me start with the Penang guy, Ryan Ceriouz (his stage name) who has done a pretty credible job on this remix. Ryan is from Penang, Malaysia who has composed an original composition "I Will Make It" in my earlier post.  "My 10 Kick Butt Songs".  He has done a trance remix of the song which is more suited for running and exercise. So let's run !!


Hall of Fame (feat. Will.I.Am) - The Script
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtgoDXEOxTM

A new song by The Script from their latest album "#3" which I have just purchased from iTunes store for USD6.99 about MYR21.  The Script is an Irish rock band and writes awesome lyrics. I have always love their earlier songs and albums. And if you are looking for a motivational song for 2012 this should be it.

You could go the distance
You could run the mile
You could walk straight through hell with a smile
You could be the hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records that thought never could be broke

Appropriately written for a runner.
Another well known song by The Script is "Live Like We're Dying", another personal favourite of mine has been covered by American Idol winner, Kris Allen.



This song just grows on you. The more you listen the more it grows on to you. Such a nice song to accompany me while running. It makes you want to whistle along. Flo Rida has another great song for running "Good Feeling" but it is actually from Avicii "Levels". I personally prefer the Avicii version without the rap and it used to be on my running playlist for quite a long time.


Changed The Way You Kissed Me - Example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLXt3yh2g0s

Example (his stage name) is a British singer and rapper that has a few songs suited for running. I have only chosen this song which is among his more well known songs.  This song is from the album "Playing in the Shadows" released in 2011 which also feature another great running song "Natural Disaster". He is also featured in a new song by Calvin Harris "We'll be coming back" which is also pretty suited for running. His other songs are "Won't Go Quietly" and "Kickstarts" also used to be on my running playlist.



Another older song by Linkin Park from the second Transformer movie with great melody, guitars play, drums and screaming of course. This song always remind me of the Transformer ride in Universal Studio, Singapore. Hopefully, I would able to digest their new album "Living Things" and found some new running songs.


Human - Ellie Goulding 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46y8E-RIhdc (Audio Only)

A British singer-songwriter starting to get attention from the US market. Probably the second most famous female singer from UK after Adele. Her more famous song is "Lights". But I have always prefer this song which is from the same album "Bright Lights". And she did an excellent cover of Elton John's "Your Song" just showcasing her voice. Another great part of this song is the lyrics. "Human I'm trying to come clean, I will be a better me, I will not drink until I'm dead, I'll make the most of it. I don't know what it's like to be alive, to say goodbye, to cry a thousand tears because my ears won't listen."


Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - P!nk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jNlIGDRkvQ

I wonder if my imagination would have run wild if the title is just "Blow Me". This is the latest from P!nk and it is very fitted for running. P!nk over the years has had quite a few songs that hit the No. 1 spot on the charts. One of her songs "Perfect" has such brilliant lyrics. Her earlier song, "Raise Your Glass" used to be on my running playlist also.


She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) - David Guetta feat. Sia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs

Have to feature David Guetta again. He just have so many great dance music suited for running. This latest song comes with strong vocal from Sia and music from David Guetta. This is from a re-released of his album "Nothing But The Beat" titled "Nothing But The Beat 2.0". Great running music ! David Guetta will be appearing in Malaysia for a special outdoor gig at the Sepang International Circuit in Selangor on 12 October 2012.



Just discovered this song from UK charts. Such a catchy tune. These girls are just absolutely gorgeous. They are a 4 girls' group who won the X Factor UK in 2011. The first group entry to won the X factor UK. And who can resist "These wings are made to fly". We can't fly, so we just run.


Feel Again - OneRepublic
One of my favorite bands currently, OneRepublic, an American rock band. This is the first singles from  the yet to be released album called "Native" scheduled to be released on November 2012.  Just a great song to listen while running. Their previous song, "Good Life", is still one of my ringtones. Of course, the song that make them well known is "Apologize" from the "Dreaming Out Loud" album. Ryan Tedder the lead singer has such an amazing voice and was featured in quite a number of songs with other artiste like in "The Fighter" with Gym Class heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment