QUOTES

"If you run into a wall, climb it, go through it or work around it"
Michael Jordan

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Winston Churchill

"Life is full of surprises. Just remember that the glass is always half full and not half empty"

Monday 20 August 2012

Running in Bali

Just another week before the Larian Hijau MPSP (MPSP Green Run), the first half marathon on the mainland of Penang. It is time for Malaysians to engage themselves in a more active lifestyle rather than being obese. Should I skip my weekend run and continue with training after a few days in Bali? Or I will just be itching to run even a holiday. The answer is the latter one, of course. Waiting at LCCT KL airport at 2.40am for a flight back to Penang, allows me to write this post on my IPhone and immediately post it. Thanks to the advancement of technology.

Magnificent sunset at Tanah Lot, Bali
The only complain of this trip is probably the long traveling time in Bali due to traffic jam resulting from the roadworks. The natural beauty of Bali is still pretty much intact. The temples, the beach and the sunset are just magnificent. An island which was trying very hard to maintain their natural beauty to attract tourists. A far cry from what Singapore has been doing to attract tourists.

Great view of the live volcano and mountain range
So what about running in Bali ? The tapering before the half marathon? Or the itching of running on a holiday?  At last, decided waking up at 5am on a Sunday morning for a long run. Take my run along the beach of Seminyak and Kuta, Bali at 6am in the morning. Snapping a few pictures along the way. The surfers are more an insane lot as compared to runners. As a guy was already surfing when I was there. I have just grab a bottle of water and my IPhone for a run. Unfortunately, unable to track my distance without a GPS watch. So what, just enjoy the run and sounds of the ocean.

Running at the beach in Bali


Along the way, dog owners were already taking their pets for a morning workout on the beach. And a few runners are also doing their morning runs. The beach and cooling weather is just ideal for running. The only thing I have to remember is to conserve my energy to run back to the hotel. Endorphins plus the sounds of the waves are just awesome !!! Just an ideal run for tapering. Thanks to Bali for such an unforgettable experience.

Pictures snap during my morning run

No comments:

Post a Comment